Sunday, April 10, 2016

My new little friend.

I love my sewing machine and while I really am no seamstress I am quite impressed with myself today.

Our kitchen has just been redecorated and the shelves have looked a little bare since I took down the Xmas bunting in January so today I got over my fear again and had another go. Ok so my stitching is quite clearly not the straightest but I really like it. 


I really like the fact that I am slowly but surely introducing a little bit of girlyness into what is a very male dominated household ;-) 

Everyone is back to work and school tomorrow after the Easter hols - I really don't want to go back to work that's for sure. Plus this week hasn't exactly been restful with all of the jobs completed around the house but I feel very satisfied with what's been done. 

Next weekend will be very busy as its Harry's 18th (yes that's right!) birthday on the Saturday so we have an exciting day planned and on Sunday a get together with the grandparents. 

For now an evening of cross stitching is planned I think after an amazing roast dinner but Steve - smells wonderful!

Today I am thankful for:
Overcoming my sewing machine fear
Completing Harry's Uni finance forms
Have tea cooked for me! 

No comments: