Saturday, April 09, 2016

Ok so it's been a while.......




since I last posted but life has seemed to have taken over with no real time for myself or crafting. this I know is a real shame as while I know I am not wildly talented I enjoy what I make and it really is a therapy and a much needed one at that.

So family wise my boys are growing so much - Harry is 18 a week today and hopefully will be off to uni in September to study History. He still performs with local drama groups which he loves but he also volunteers with a couple of local youth groups. The last two years have seen him blossom into a fantastic young man who overcomes various obstacles each day but does it in his own quirky way.
George is 13 and still rugby loving but also obsessed with anything to do with motor cars. He makes me laugh everyday with the things he says and does but has a very sensitive side which softens my heart so much.
Steve and I are plodding along as usual dealing with whatever comes our way and bringing up our boys together in hopefully a way which will make them well rounded individuals.

Crafting wise up until October I didn't really do anything. Work has been hectic and I have taken on more hours than I originally intended but the money comes in handy I suppose.

However apart from some Xmas cards I have not paper crafted at all but instead went back to cross stitching and made this little item which is a Lizzie Kate design (I love Lizzie Kate!) It really does say all I believe in about marriage and while Steve and I are far from perfect we do love each other very much!











 




Then for my birthday I asked for a sewing machine - think I was inspired by Sewing Bee! Steve obliged and here is my beautiful little red friend.


Now I haven't sewn on a machine since school (long long time ago) but after a little frustration I managed to thread it (can you see what I mean here?). I then realised that I had no fabric or any idea what to make (see completely numpty) but after a trip to my local craft store I chose some Xmassy fabric and produce the bunting in the picture.
I will be honest and say its not perfect but |I made it and I am actually quite proud of it. Plan for this week is to try and produce another one which is non xmas and will go with the new colour scheme in the kitchen - watch this space.

Onto cross stitching again and at the moment I am stitching a kit given to me by my ma and pa for my birthday last year. Alice in Wonderland is my absolute favourite (new film coming out this year I think - Through the Looking Glass!!!!) so this is perfect and only one colour so a dream to stitch.

 
So that's all for today folks but will leave you with three things I am thankful for today - I have seen this on a couple of blogs and love it
  • Managing to sort out google account and blogger after George had taken over my account!
  • Clean and tidy study/craft area - its taken me all week!
  • Selling no longer used crafting items on ebay
 
 



No comments: