Thursday, May 17, 2007

I don't do froo froo!

Anyone who knows me knows that besides my love of pink I am NOT a girly girl. Truly I am a jeans loving, no skirt owning, lack of high heel shoes girl!

So when it came to making a card for the mil's 60th I obviously had to go that extra mile further and make a card that I know (or hope) she will love. The thing is - I am not keen.

Yes I love the idea of Bookatrix card but not in this way. I just don't do froo froo I am afraid.

Anyway please feel free to leave comments good or bad - honest I am not that keen on this card either!!!!

On a more personal note yesterday afternoon was awful. When I went to pick up my boys from school my friend who has just lost her little boy was there. I honestly have never seen so much emptiness and despair in someone as I did her. Her eyes said it all. This lady is one of the most upbeat people I know and to see her like this just left me totally numb. She will never get over her loss - it will be with her forever.
Tomorrow will be hard as it is the funeral and I am dreading it. Harry wants to say goodbye to his friend which I think is so good of him but I do not think it has quite sunk in with him what this event will entail. All I can do is to be there for him tomorrow and on Sunday which is when his friends birthday would have been.

I know that I have said this so much lately but we really need to cherish those around us and not take anything for granted. I don't mean taking our homes, money, etc but I mean we all take it for granted that our partners and children will always be there. Because of this we don't always say or do things we should or make each day count.
Seeing how my friend was yesterday and seeing how her life has been turned upside down I am determined to change my outlook on life - it's just too damned short.

Sorry about this post - I know the majority of it is not crafting but I needed to let off steam.
Have a good day everyone - I am going to craft I think. Well inbetween the mounds of washing which are seemingly breeding in my washing bin LOL! xxxxx

1 comment:

Traci Cornelius Blog said...

I feel it too - I cannot get over how shocking and upsetting it is - I don't think any of us will ever be quite the same again. All I can say is you will always have a shoulder to cry on here :)